Friday, June 6, 2008

Hang'n with the Horses




Hello, my name is Copper! I participated in the rodeo circuit for 11 years, in the calf roping event It was my duty to chase the calf out of the roping chute, so my talented rider could rope the calf. Then I had to slide to a stop and try to keep the calf under control, all of this while my rider is busting his behind trying to properly tie the calf, WHEW, the memories, wears me out just thinking about it. It was a difficult job, but I was awesome at it. I even took my rider to the National High School Rodeo Finals 3 years in a row. I don't mean to gloat but I was a ROPING MACHINE. Now-a-days I enjoy grazing with my best buddy roger! We are both fat and sassy and we love it.

You can see in this picture, I am wearing what appears to be a mask of some sort on my head. I don't understand it but, every so often this kooky lady calls us into the dry lot area gives us some grain (Yummy!) and puts this ridiculous thing on my head (but since there are no mare's around, its really not a big deal). However, I can still see out of it and it keeps the flies out of my eyes. I think the kooky lady is looking out for my best interest.

Sincerely,

Copper

No comments: